Thursday 1 December 2016

Welcome December!!!

Well.....it's here......December has arrived..... 

Although I am never quite as on the ball as I expect I will be.....it all got done over night and I had 3 excited little girlies this morning awaiting the beginning of their December traditions!!!

Our longest running and definitely their favourite tradition is their advent calendars!!! I got the first one when my oldest was just 1!!!  Back in the days of the first Scrapbookin' Adventures location in Parksville!  These Karen Foster Advent calendars were a HUGE hit!!!  Eight years later it's holding on strong.  We added 2 more to the collection three years later when my twins came along.......I fill them with candies and little messages for activities such as gingerbread house building, christmas crafts, movies nights, christmas socks etc.  They are pretty awesome!!!


Every December I also do Advent Christmas books!!!  I love this one!  I wrap up 25 Christmas books and each night we open one before bed!!  Of course I don't buy 25 new ones each year.....at the end of each year I box up the christmas books and they are put away until the following December.  Each year I add a few more to the collection and shuffle some books out as the kids get older!  I love how it gives us a reason to sit as a family before bed and connect.....now my oldest reads to her little sisters some nights...I love it :)

 
I LOVE this American Crafts stamp I found in my stash from last years Christmas Add on Kits....It is sooooooo great!!!!!  Books were all dated for opening!!

And of course...........Our Elf on the Shelf.........Jingles..........he has landed!!!!  And boy did the kiddos miss him (my feelings aren't quite the same)! 


We will soon go to the Christmas Tree farm and choose our tree.....we love a real tree in our house!!!!


Sending love to your families for a special December.



No comments:

Post a Comment